For the past couple of years, the only option for us Muggles to have a sip of the legendary butter beer drink from the magical world of Harry Potter was to travel to either Universal Orlando or to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London (or try to replicate it at home). That’s all changing as you can now order this undeniably delightful beverage at Starbucks as part of its “secret menu”. The trick is to tell the barista the exact ingredients of the drink (which you can find after the jump) as most baristas wouldn’t know how to make it. This is due to the unofficial nature of the drink. The ingredients for both the hot and cold versions of Starbucks’ butter beer are listed below. I have already tried the cold version and will post a full review soon. Finally, it is worth noting that Starbucks’ butter beer will only be available during the holiday season because the coffee chain does not stock toffee nut syrup year-round.
Here are the ingredients for the cold (frappuccino) version of butter beer:
– A Creme Frappuccino base. (Don’t skimp on the fat by asking for skim or 2% milk as whole milk is required for the right consistency.)
– Add 3 pumps of caramel syrup.
– Add 3 pumps of toffee nut syrup.
– Top with caramel drizzle.
Here are the ingredients for the hot version:
– Whole milk steamer.
– Add caramel syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti).
– Add toffee nut syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti).
– Add cinnamon dolce syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti).
– Whipped cream and salted caramel bits on top
– Optional if you prefer to add coffee taste: Add a shot of espresso (2 for grande or venti).
I have already tried both versions and personally, I prefer the cold version. You’ll find out why in my reviews. Full reviews of both the hot and cold versions will be up in the coming days. Don’t forget to check them out!
Hat tip to Slashfilm.
Wingardium Leviosa! at OldStandby.wordpress.com